Winter has come to this northern garden. Last year at this time I posted that this blog was going into hibernation for the winter. My teaching schedule was crazy and the garden was closed and locked for the cold Minnesota winter.
This year I am teaching part time and am wondering just what path this blog should go down. I have been writing with little folks in mind. (you know who you are elementary students – ages 7 and up) BUT – I am guessing the folks reading and checking this blog are older. Maybe you are teachers, homeschool Moms with kids reading together or just outdoor and garden lovers – I am not sure.
I have questions for you – help me sort out which path I should take
- What is it that you have liked about this blog?
- What would you like to see here?
- Should this just be about wild gardens/nature and not a student focus?
- Should I review children’s books that relate to nature and gardens? ( there is a great one coming out March 2014 about butterflies)
- Is it important to keep adding activities to the science notebook?
- Would it be helpful to add more writing prompt ideas for kids or adults?
I would love your feedback. Please use the comment section to share your thoughts.
Can you also tell me who you are? classroom teacher, student (age), Homeschool teacher, a person who likes gardens
Thanks for your help in sorting out the next steps for Garden Learning.